Let's be SOCIAL

Dear Diary

Even though I am an adult, I still keep a journal. It's a far-cry from my youthful days of "Dear diary, today I played with my Barbies..." but my journal is still a place for me to process. It's also a reminder of where I've been and where God has brought me.


Elum Journal
Photo from papercrave.com
Today I read an entry from a few weeks ago. Part of it said: "I'm just in pain. I feel invisible and I need someone to take notice. I need someone to step up and 'share the burden' with me. I need someone to connect with on a deep level."


God heard my cries and answered. This morning I was able to connect with another woman from my church. It was such a blessing to hear her story and have an outlet for my own...It was great to connect with her on a deeper level rather than in passing. 


I also realized how much of a hunger I have to hear (and see) ways God is moving in the lives of other people. Listening to other stories helps me know my God in a more personal way than simply listening on Sunday. 


So here's my challenge to you...don't be afraid to be honest. Don't be afraid of your story, or someone else's. God is working, and your story might be just what someone else needs to hear.


"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." Philippians 2: 1-4 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts