Let's be SOCIAL

A Little Bit of Kindness

It's not really the terrible twos, I've been told. It's REALLY the terrible threes. And those terrible threes last until halfway through year 4. That's not much hope for a mommy who's had it up to here with less than distinguished rants out of the mouth of my 3-year-old. (And WHY do those rants generally happen in public places?)


I often wonder if any of my teaching soaks in to her little mind. Some days, there is little evidence of that. But then, someone shares a story with me about my daughter...about things she does in my absence. 


This Sunday, one of Gracelyn's Sunday School friends spilled her snack. Gracelyn apparently jumped off her chair and went to the other little girl's side. She patted the girl's back and said, "It's OK. I will share mine."


WOW! Often, "lessons" of sharing end with one or both of my girls in tears. It's not a pretty picture...at least on the small scale. But this week, God allowed me to see some of the bigger picture. 


I'm not going to take credit for Gracelyn's kindness. It's something we try to model, yes. (And often, I manage to blow it!) But really, it's an element of answered prayer. Every night, I pray that both of my girls will grow to love Jesus more and more, with each passing day. God is the one who changes hearts to be more like His. God is the one who develops "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."


Thank you, God, for allowing me to see beyond the terrible threes just a little bit! 


How have you seen God moving?


"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" Galatians 5:22-23

Comments

Popular Posts