Let's be SOCIAL

Running

This week, I started something. It begins with R-U-N and ends with huffing and puffing.


That's right, I'm running. I made the comment the other day that I'm not sure if what I did actually qualifies as a run. And, my boss was kind enough to point out that if I ran at some point, it qualifies. Thank you, Joel.


It's just a start. I've only been doing it two days (I didn't this morning, as I have water aerobics tonight. It's just wrong to exercise twice in one day). 


But it's something I want to be successful at. I used to be fast. For those who don't know, I was a sprinter. I ran a sub-60-second quarter. I went to state in the 100, 200, 4x400 and long jump. I even placed.


But you wouldn't know that now, as I struggle for breath after running to the next corner. (In the country, that's longer than a block :)


I'm tired of not exercising. I'm tired of the baby flab I still have on my tummy. So, my goal in all of this is to get healthy, and to maybe fix my figure a little...


...plus,  my volleyball league starts in a little over a month, so I want to be in semi-shape...at least to get some serves over the net.

Comments

Popular Posts