Let's be SOCIAL

Bragging on little G

I'm going to take a minute to brag on Gracelyn today...


Most of the time, I always feel like I'm telling her not to do something, particularly in regard to her little sister. For instance, "Don't push Jemma." "Don't pull Jemma." "For goodness sake, don't even TOUCH Jemma!"


But last week, out of the blue, she drew a picture for Jemma, wanting me to write the words to a Bible verse that has been dubbed "Gracelyn's verse."


When we first moved to our new house, Gracelyn was in the "my room is scary" stage. Brad and I tried many methods. Some worked for awhile. Some fell flat. And then, a God-inspired moment...


We wrote the words from Psalm 4:8 on a piece of paper, Gracelyn drew a picture, and we hung this right by her bed.
We say this verse with her every night before bed, and we've seen marked improvements in our bedtime routine. Miraculous.

Now, Jemma also has a piece of art hanging above her crib:

Gracelyn drew this picture with such love and concern. This act of kindness helps me see beyond what is (a relationship dominated by a 3-year-old), into what it will become (a love-filled relationship only sisters can share).


In case you can't read my writing, the verse is:
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, oh LORD, make me dwell in safety."

Comments

  1. That is so sweet! I wish Owen had a brother or sister, or will have one someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts