Let's be SOCIAL

25 Days of Christmas: God's Promises

Day 4: God knows me

"O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me." Psalm 139:1

This verse is from one of my favorite Psalms. It is well worth a full read through as a reminder of how well God knows and loves. If you have time today, I would challenge you to read it in its entirety. 

I have prayed the words more times than I can count...especially the closing verses that ask God to search and know my heart, to show offending ways, and to lead toward everlasting life...

I found myself going back to this psalm shortly after graduating from college, at a time when I was discouraged with my job and was tired of begging for a new one. (Anyone else been there?) God didn't magically give me a new job...so I forced His hand and quit. Now I look back, realizing the good job I had was a great teaching tool that God has continued to use...for it was my attitude of entitlement that was the problem, not the job itself. Thank you for knowing me, God, and for teaching me.

I found myself going back to this psalm when daughter Gracelyn was in the midst of medical testing. I was confident God created her...that he knew her...that he knew what was wrong. And eventually, God led us to a perfect match with a doctor who understood what was going on. Gracelyn had surgery, and now is a normal, generally healthy, little girl. Thank you, God, for knowing Gracelyn, and leading us to a diagnosis and a way to healing. (Click here to read more of our journey with hereditary spherocytosis)

I found myself going back to this verse as we lost two precious babies. To take comfort knowing that even though my babies weren't with me, they were created in God's image, that he loved them, and that they are in a place of peace. Thank you, God, for taking care of them when I can't. (For more on our losses, click HERE and HERE)

And, now, I find myself going back to these verses in praise of a God who knows ME. Loves ME. Created ME. Wants ME.

And he also knows YOU. Loves YOU. Created YOU. Wants YOU.

Praise be to God.

* Tomorrow's promise: Redemption - Galatians 3:13
* The inspiration behind this series comes from a list of 25 promises of God from a blog post over at Our Out-of-Sync-Life


Comments

Popular Posts