Let's be SOCIAL

All-inclusive...resort?

Day 8: Love

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NLT)

When I think of all-inclusive, I tend to think along the lines of a resort. (I've always wanted to go to one, by the way...and 10 years is fast approaching...hint, hint.)

But it's a good way to think of God's love, too. God's love is all-inclusive. It's all we need. It covers every way we fall short.

And it sums up the Christmas story as well. God sent His Son because He loves us.

I heard the song "You Love Me Anyway" by the Sidewalk Prophets on the radio this morning, and thought these lyrics were worth sharing:

"I am the thorn in Your crown...
I am the sweat from your brow...
I am the nail in your wrist...
I am Judas' kiss...

But You love me anyway."

This season let's remember the all-inclusiveness of God's love. It's all paid for, let's accept the gift!


* Tomorrow's promise: Salvation - Romans 10:9
* The inspiration behind this series comes from a list of 25 promises of God from a blog post over at Our Out-of-Sync-Life

Comments

  1. I love the idea of an all-inclusive love. What a great way to think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts