Let's be SOCIAL

Day 7: God Hears Prayers

"This is God's message: ‘Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.’" Jeremiah 33:3 (The Message)

I love prayer. Sometimes I don't have words to say, sometimes I don't pray according to God's word (aka selfishness), but I love having a way to speak with God.

And I love that He promises to answer.

As a child, I would always pray for a swingset to magically appear. Let me tell you, that didn't work out as I planned. But my earliest memory of God saying yes was in 7th grade.

I had a crush on a boy. (wow, it's been a long time since I've used the word crush!) A bad crush. A 2-year crush. And another girl in my class started "going out" with him.

Then I was jealous.

During class one day, I prayed for God to remove my jealousy. ( I wasn't always that mature, trust me!)

And almost immediately, there was peace where jealousy had been.

God doesn't always move that fast...there have also been many times where I've felt unanswered. And it's tough.

But God promises that He hears AND that He will tell us things we couldn't figure out on our own.

Let's listen for that today and as we go nearer to our Savior's birth.


* Tomorrow's promise: Love - John 3:16* The inspiration behind this series comes from a list of 25 promises of God from a blog post over at Our Out-of-Sync-Life 

Comments

Popular Posts