Let's be SOCIAL

Good through miscarriage

Day 17: Works for our good

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (NLT)

I have always been "a fan" of this promise...who wouldn't be, right? But until recently, I hadn't been clued in to the fact that this is a promise for believers. 

As believers, we are NEVER promised a life without trouble and trial. In fact, we are told that "in this world, we WILL have trouble." 

But this promise is the water in the desert. 

In 2011, Brad and I lost two babies; one through an ectopic pregnancy and one through an early miscarriage. Losing a child, no matter the age, is a source of heartbreak. Losing a piece of yourself brings grief and longing.

And while I will never forget those little beans, I have seen God work good with my losses.

I have made new friends with people I may not have known otherwise.

Through my Lipstick & Pearls column with the Hillsboro Free Press, I have been able to talk about an otherwise taboo story...and through that, other women have opened up about their losses.

Through that openness  we have been able to support each other in a way that isn't possible without honesty.

Yes, God has been good...and He has been faithful to His promise.

May I always remember to look for God's handiwork.

* Tomorrow's promise: Protection - Psalm 32:7
* The inspiration behind this series comes from a list of 25 promises of God from a blog post over at Our Out-of-Sync-Life

Comments

Popular Posts