Let's be SOCIAL

Grace, guaranteed

Day 16: Grace

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." Ephesians 2: 8-9 (NLT)

Tonight is the Ebenfeld Christmas program...and I am directing 35ish 1-6th graders. Kids are dropping left and right, and at this point, I'm praying Mary doesn't succumb to the stomach flu.

In this world, how many things can you think of that are 100% guaranteed? For instance, I have planned, prepared and practiced for this night since Thanksgiving...and I won't know until I get there how many kids will actually be able to perform.

So it is refreshing to be able to focus a little of my energy today on something guaranteed: God's grace.

We are given God's grace as a gift when we believe...and it's something that will never change...and it's something we can't take credit for.

Today I'm so thankful for His consistency!


* Tomorrow's promise: God Works for Good - Romans 8:28
* The inspiration behind this series comes from a list of 25 promises of God from a blog post over at Our Out-of-Sync-Life

Comments

Popular Posts