Let's be SOCIAL

I'd rate that a 10

Day 10: Wisdom

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." James 1:5 (NLT)

Oh, if this isn't an appropriate verse for today...and well, every day, as far as parenting is concerned.

I'm coming off a couple rough nights. From a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is easy and 10 is a nightmare, last night was a 10.

Baby was up every 45 minutes to an hour...and he wasn't a happy camper. From 3-4:15 a.m., he screamed...at the top of his lungs. And my husband awoke from a deep slumber to help...which might tell you how bad it actually was.

And I don't know what's wrong. Is he hurt? Is he sick? Is he just mad?

Oh how I long for wisdom!

And trust me, this isn't the only parenting situation where I have been in desperate need of wisdom. 

And it won't be the last.

Thankfully, God will impart wisdom to us. And He won't rebuke us for asking. What a promise!

Let's remember to ask for wisdom instead of forging full steam ahead, only to regret the consequences.


* Tomorrow's promise: Strength - Isaiah 41:10
* The inspiration behind this series comes from a list of 25 promises of God from a blog post over at Our Out-of-Sync-Life

Comments

Popular Posts