Let's be SOCIAL

Finishing Touches: This post needs a disclaimer

Disclaimer: This post might offend you, 'cuz I'm all about the snow, 'bout the snow, no rush.

Let me preface this post by sharing something about myself. Even as a young child, I lived with the proverbial "weight of the world on my shoulders." From an early age I had learned that life...well, it just isn't easy. (I still struggle with carrying that weight...although I'm learning healthier ways to get by...but it takes practice!)

I wasn't giddy about much. 

Except snow. Oh how I loved snow! And snow days! And sledding, snowmen, tunnels and forts! Those are all special and fond memories of being carefree.

And I still love it! I approach winter storms with excitement. I watch forecasts closely and relish the times when my locale is expected to be the bullseye. I LOVE being the bullseye, especially when 5+ (preferably +) inches will fall.

Snow brings me joy. 

So in needing to transition from Christmas to Valentine's Day...and not wanting to rush the seasons...I went snowy. 


I learned several winters ago that it's easier for me to embrace the cold (even without snow) and not wish away the season than be grumble-y.

Sure, winter is the one season where I wished I had a bigger house...my 1000 sq ft (on a good day) main level doesn't contain the energy of my 6-, 4- and 2-ers.

But really, isn't it better to have winter when winter should be rather than have warm temps in January and bitterly cold weather in March? This track coach says YES!



And the scripture tie-in to winter is fabulous. White as snow? Yes, please!



And this version of Psalm 51:7-8 from the Message:
"Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean; scrub me and I'll live a snow-white life. Tune me in to foot-tapping songs; set these once broken bones to dancing."

Beautiful.

'Cuz I'm all about the snow, 'bout the snow...no rush.



Comments

  1. I am right there with you, I love the snow and the more the better. Great read Malinda.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts