Let's be SOCIAL

My View

Hey.

After my recent #MeToo post, I've been feeling emotionally drained. That one was hard to publish, and I don't think my hands warmed back up for days! I just want to thank all of you who reached out to me in some fashion. It was good to hear from you, and really helped bolster my courage! 

But seriously, I am fried. So I'm going to keep this one short and sweet...

I want to bounce an idea around. 
If you follow my Facebook posts or Instagram feed, you probably have noticed something I've dubbed "My View." Every morning, I try to post a real-life (and mostly real-time) photo with an explanation. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes serious, sometimes sappy, sometimes embarrassing. And then at the end, I ask questions and invite people to share their own view.

Example: 

Monday view. In honesty, I took this photo last night, but I'm still laughing...this is a direct quote from the artist: "Mom, this is you in the morning" (giggles). Accurate. Sometimes mornings are hard. But a fuzzy pink robe helps. And coffee. Aside from the elephant part, can anyone else relate to this page? Anyone else wear a big fuzzy robe? What color?

This has been fun (for me at least! hopefully for you, too), and I'd like to expand the concept a bit and occasionally bring "My View" to my blog. What I have in mind is to develop one "My View" from the month into a longer blog post at the start of the new month. Here's where you come in. Sometimes I will use a poll to see what post you want me to expand on. Sometimes I will use the post with the highest interaction. Sometimes I will use a great conversation thread as a catalyst. Sometimes I could see doing a Q&A. The sky is the limit, seemingly, as long as there is interest!

Does something like that sound appealing? I really want to create a little community of sorts on my social media pages, and I love good conversation. I'm hoping this will be a great way to get to know people, have some conversation, and maybe laugh a little while we're at it!

To join the "My View" convo, follow me on Social Media:


Comments

Popular Posts